So what have essential oils got to do with astrology? And why do we even read horoscopes - aren't they based on pure superstition? We're going to answer these questions for you and indicate methods you can harness to generate inner peace and good health.
What is a Horoscope?
A horoscope is an analysis of your current situation and a prediction of your future based on the alignment of the stars and planets at the moment of your birth. Although there is little scientific evidence for the validity of astrology, there is a wealth of empirical evidence. However, the valid evidence is buried in mountains of superstitious claptrap produced by con-men (and women) for the gullible. A true horoscope is an extremely complex undertaking and cannot be compared to the drivel produced by 99% of today's practitioners.
To produce a valid horoscope requires a deep understanding of:-
- Alchemy - the nature of natural forces and their interaction. This means interpreting the physical world in terms of the spiritual world and mapping the forces of one into the other. For instance, when an Alchemist speaks of Earth, he automatically makes associations with stability, regeneration, the furthest point of spiritual travel (the material world into which the spirit descends and incarnates) and much more. Alchemy is built into the very fabric of astrology; thus, the signs are divided into those of air, water, fire and earth.
- Qabalah - This is the great Hebrew system that maps the whole universe into a complex interrelated set of symbols. It is entirely contained within the 'Tree of Life'' and incorporates the stars and planets, time and space.
- The Tarot - The Tarot contains all the elements of the Qabalah and of Alchemy and Astrology. It is a tool used for divination and analysis.
- Astrology - A knowledge of the technical and spiritual operation of the planets and stars and the attributions of each planet and each house of the zodiac. Astrology could not exist without alchemy and qabalah.
The Zodiacal Signs
Each of the signs contains aspects of the four basic aspects of nature - Fire, Air, Water and Earth. This is the basis of alchemy which is not superstition but a metaphorical way of describing metaphysical properties. For example, we say that Capricorn is an Earth sign, meaning that we expect stability and strength and also fecundity, producing those things that the world needs to survive.
Every sign may be attributed a complex set of symbols from alchemy and qabalah which define its basic properties. These properties include certain affinities with the natural products of the world we live in, and plants and animals are an important part of these properties.
Aquarius is an AIR sign, not a water sign despite the symbology. In the Tarot, Aquarius is The Water Bearer and in Qabalah is referred to the Hebrew letter Hé and the 15th path on the Tree of Life. The Tarot card referred to for the sign is The Star. What does all this mean?
These attributions give us the basic tools of analysis; they tell us of all the cosmic influences brought to bear on individuals born under the sign. Briefly, these factors reveal confidence in nature and in life, high creativity and trust. However, in its darker aspect Aquarius can also indicate a mind plagued by delusion and which seeks destruction.
Plants and the Zodiac
The plants used to derive essential oil each has its alchemical and astrological properties and so each astrological sign benefits from some specific oils more than others. When we choose the 'right' oils by happenstance, we usually simply notice the greater benefits we enjoy from them than other oils and they quickly become our favorites.
Oils associated with Aquarius
- Coconut Oil - usually used as a carrier oil. It helps the Aquarian to speed up the unconscious processing of information. This often leads to those '"Eureka!' moments which sometimes set the life-direction of a person born under this fascinating sign.
- Olive oil - usually used as a carrier oil and has the same effects as coconut oil on an Aquarian.
- Galbanum - Galbanum has been known since the times of the ancient Roman and Greek civilizations, where it was burnt in incense sticks, mixed in bath water, used in skin balms, and as a perfume. Used by an Aquarian it can considerably sharpen the mind, helping to clear the illusory mental fogs to which Aquarians are susceptible.
- Rhubarb - more usually provided as a fragrance. Medicinally, rhubarb is used in both eastern medicine and conventional medicine. It is a digestive tonic in small doses and a laxative in larger doses. To the Aquarian mind, this substance also acts as a clarifier of situations and helps decision making.
- Peppermint Oil:- This oil can help to focus an Aquarian, which is frequently necessary as they tend towards being visionaries who simply take too many conflicting ideas into their heads at once and need to focus their energies to process their huge data input and reach fixed conclusions. One they have done this they tend to be very single-minded!
Please Give Us Feedback!!!
That's all on Aquarius for now, although we might expand a little on this in the coming days, so do check back for updates. Next, we're going to tackle Pisces. To improve on this we need your feedback so PLEASE write to us, leave comments and SHARE and LIKE our article.
What Else Can We Write for You?
There's a LOT more to this subject - what would YOU like to know? Start the discussion!